by Closet Cooking
Butter milk cornbread with the spicy hit of jalapenos!Servings: makes 4-12 servingsPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 35 minutesTotal Time: 45 minutes
- 1 cup buttermilk or milk
- 1/4 cup oil, butter or bacon grease
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely diced
- Mix the buttermilk, oil and eggs.
- Mix the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix the dry ingredients in to the wet and then mix in the jalapeno peppers.
- Pour the Mixture into a grease 9x5 inch loaf pan and bake in a preheated 375F oven until a toothpick pushed in the center comes out clean, about 30-40 minutes.