A Hungarian style mushroom soup seasoned with paprika, dill and sour cream.Servings: makes 4 servingsPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 35 minutesTotal Time: 45 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup flour (or rice flour for gluten-free)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 splash lemon juice
- 1 handful fresh dill, chopped (optional)
- Melt the butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat, add the onions and mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms have released their liquids and it has evaporated, about 10-15 minutes.
- Mix in the flour and paprika and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the broth, dill, soy sauce, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes
- Season with salt, pepper mix in the sour cream, lemon juice and dill and remove from heat.