Huevos Motulenos from Closet Cooking
(makes 2 servings)
2 tablespoons corn oil
4 corn tortillas
2 ripe plantains (or bananas, peeled and sliced in half)
1 cup refried black beans or jalapeno spiced black beans (warmed)
1 cup salsa ranchera
1/2 cup ham (cut into small pieces and warmed)
1/2 cup peas (warmed)
1/2 cup queso fresco (or feta, crumbled)
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Fry the tortillas in the oil until lightly golden brown on both sides and set aside to drain on paper towels.
3. Fry the plantains in the oil until lightly golden brown on both sides and set aside to drain on paper towels.
4. Place 2 tortillas on each plate and top each with 1/4 cup the beans.
5. Fry the eggs sunny side up and place on top of the beans.
6. Top the eggs with 1/4 cup of the salsa each.
7. Sprinkle the ham, peas and cheese evenly over each plate.
8. Serve with the fried plantains on the side.