Ham, Egg and Gruyere Crepes with Maple Syrup
from Closet Cooking
Thin light and fluffy crepes filled with egg, melted gruyere and ham folded and served with a touch of maple syrup; simply a magical combination of sweet and savoury
Servings: makes 2 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- butter for the pan
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten separately
- 1/2 cup gruyere, grated, room temperature
- 6 sliced black forest ham, brushed with 1 teaspoons of dijon mustard, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Mix the flour, egg, milk, salt and butter.
- Heat the pan over medium heat.
- Coat the surface of the pan with a thin layer of butter.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the mixture crepe mixture into the pan and tilt so that the mixture evenly coats the bottom of the pan.
- When the top of the crepe looks like it is almost set pour one of the eggs on and tilt the pan so that the egg evenly coats the crepe.
- Sprinkle the cheese on and when the eggs look like they are almost set, add the ham and set aside.
- Repeat 3-6 for the second crepe.
- Fold the crepes and serve drizzled with maple syrup.