Ham Crusted with Mustard and Gingersnap Crumbs from Closet Cooking
(makes a lot)
1/4 cup mustard (called for brown, I used Dijon)
2 cups brown sugar
1 ounce bourbon (optional)
2 cups gingersnaps (crumbled)
1. Place the ham cut side down in a large baking pan.
2. Cut 1/4 inch into the top of the ham with a knife and spiral around and down leaving 2 inches between rows until you hit the bottom.
3. Cut spiraling up in the opposite direction creating diamond shaped crosses.
4. Cover the ham in foil and insert a meat thermometer.
5. Bake in a preheated 250F oven until the ham reaches 130F, about 3-4 hours.
6. Brush the mustard all over the ham.
7. Press on the brown sugar.
8. Spray the bourbon on.
9. Press on the gingersnap crumbs.
10. Bake in a preheated 350F oven until it reaches 140F, about 1 hour.
11. Let it rest for 30 minutes before carving.