Halibut Piccata with Baby Artichokes on Quinoa from Closet Cooking
(makes 4 servings)
1 cup quinoa
2 cups chicken stock
6 baby artichoke hearts (halved)
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 (6 ounce) halibut fillets
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup of white wine (or chicken stock)
1 lemon (juice and zest)
2 tablespoons capers
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons parsley (chopped)
1. Simmer the quinoa and the baby artichoke hearts in the chicken stock until absorbed, about 15-20 minutes.
2. Heat the oil in a pan.
3. Season the halibut with salt and pepper.
4. Add the halibut and cook until lightly golden brown on both sides, about 3-5 minutes per side and set aside.
5. Add the white wine and lemon to the pan, deglaze and simmer to reduce the sauce for a few minutes.
6. Add the capers and butter and heat until the butter melts into the sauce.
7. Remove from heat and stir in the parsley.
8. Serve the halibut on a bed of quinoa with the artichoke hearts and top with the lemon and caper sauce.