Guinness Glazed Slow Cooker Corned Beef
from Closet Cooking
Corned beef slow cooked in Guinness and served in a tasty Guinness glaze.Servings: makes 4-6 servingsPrep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 8 hours 35 minutesTotal Time: 8 hours 40 minutes
- 1 3-5 pound corned beef in pickling liquid and spices
- 1 bottle/can (12+ ounces) Guinness or other Irish stout
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the corned beef along with the pickling spices, onion and garlic in a slow cooker/crock-pot, top with the Guinness and cook on low until fork tender, about 8-10 hours.
- Set the corned beef aside, strain the solids from the Guinness and juices, place the liquid into a large sauce pan, add the brown sugar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper, bring to a boil reduce the heat and simmer to reduce by half, about 15-20 minutes.
- Cut the fat layer from the corned beef, glaze with the Guinness glaze and bake in a preheated 400F oven until the glaze starts bubbling, about 10-15 minutes.