Guinness Chocolate Pudding
from Closet Cooking
Guinness and chocolate combine to form something truly amazing in this pudding that is topped with a Guinness syrup whipped cream.Servings: makes 4-8 servingsPrep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 45 minutesTotal Time: 50 minutes
- 1 can Guinness Draught
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 7 ounces dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 8 large egg yolks
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- Pour the Guinness into a large bowl and wait a few minutes for the foam to subside.
- Mix half of the Guinness and 2 1/4 cups of heavy cream in a large sauce pan, heat over medium until bubbles just start to form, remove from heat, mix in the chocolate and let it melt.
- Mix the eggs and 1 cup of sugar in a large bowl and slowly mix in the Guinness mixture.
- Pour the mixture back into the sauce pan and cook over low heat until it thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 15 minutes.
- Give the mixture 1 minute on high in the blender, run it through a fine mesh sieve, divide between glasses leaving 1 inch of space, cover in plastic and let chill in the fridge to set.
- Meanwhile, simmer the remaining Guinness over medium heat until it has reduced to about 1 tablespoon, about 15-20 minutes, and let cool.
- Beat the remaining cream until soft peaks are form, mix in the Guinness syrup and place on top of the Guinness pudding in the glasses.