Guinness Braised Onion and Aged White Cheddar Quiche
from Closet Cooking
Guinness braised sweet caramelized onions baked into a savoury aged white cheddar quiche with a light and flaky, buttery crust.Servings: makes 6 servingsPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 1 hours 15 minutesTotal Time: 1 hours 25 minutes
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 pound onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup Guinness
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup cream
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup aged white cheddar, shredded
- cayenne, salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pie crust, rolled out and fitted to a pie plate, chilling in the fridge
- Cook the bacon in a pan oven medium heat until crispy and set aside on paper towels to drain reserving the grease in the pan.
- Add the onions and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup Guinness and simmer until the liquid has mostly evaporated, about 15 minutes and repeat.
- Remove from heat and mix in the grainy mustard and Worcestershire sauce and place in a large bowl.
- Mix in the bacon, cream, eggs and 1/2 of the cheese and season with cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture in to the pie crust and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 375F oven until golden brown on top and set in the center, about 25-30 minutes.