Green Olive Salsa Verde
from Closet Cooking
A tomatillo and jalapeno salsa verde with green Manzanillo olives.Servings: makes 2 cups
Prep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 10 minutesTotal Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound tomatillos, husks removed
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers, sliced in half and seeded
- 1/2 cup green olives
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- salt to taste
- Place the tomatillos and jalapenos on a baking sheet and broil in the oven until they blackened all over.
- Place the jalapenos in a small seeled container such as a ziplock bag, let cool for 20 minutes and pinch the skins from them.
- Place everything into a food processor and puree.