Green Bean and Mushroom Tart
from Closet Cooking
A green bean and caramelized mushroom puff pastry tart with blue cheese.Servings: makes 4-8 servingsPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 45 minutesTotal Time: 55 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth or vegetable broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound green beans
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed as directed on package
- 1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms and onions and saute until the mushrooms caramelize, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the garlic and thyme and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the wine, deglaze the pan, season with salt and pepper to taste, let the wine cook off and set aside.
- Blanch the green beans in boiling water until bright green and al-dente tender, about 2-3 minutes, plunge in cold water and set aside to drain.
- Roll the puff pastry out on a lightly floured surface, cut in half and top with the green beans, mushrooms, shallots and blue cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 425F oven until the the puff pastry is golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.