Gorgonzola and Pistachio Shortbread by Closet Cooking
A buttery good savoury shortbread with tangy mellow and tangy gorgonzola, pistachios and a hint of lemon and heat.Servings: makes 18-36 cookiesPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 10 minutesTotal Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup gorgonzola, rooms temperature and crumbled
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/3 cup pistachios, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Cream the cheese and butter.
- Mix in the flour, cornstarch, salt and cayenne.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients followed by the pistachios and lemon zest.
- Shape the cookies as you like an place them on a parchment lined baking sheet with an inch of space between them.
- Place the baking sheet in the fridge and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven until they just start to turn a light golden brown, about 8-14 minutes, remove and let cool. (Note: The shortbread will still be rather soft when it is done but it with crisp up as it cools.)