Gingersnap Cookies by Closet Cooking
(makes 36 cookies)
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter (room temperature)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup molasses
1. Mix the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and salt in a bowl.
2. Cream the butter and brown sugar.
3. Beat in the egg followed by the molasses.
4. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet.
5. Form the dough into small balls, place them on a baking sheet and press them down with your palm.
6. Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 8-10 minutes.