Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
from Closet Cooking
Quick and easy creamy mashed cauliflower that is a great alternative to mashed potatoes!Servings: makes 4-6 servingsPrep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 15 minutesTotal Time: 20 minutes
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon white miso (optional)
- milk to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the cauliflower and garlic in a steamer over boiling water and steam until fork tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Mash the cauliflower and garlic with a masher or puree them in a food processor.
- Mix in the butter, sour cream, miso and enough milk to bring the mashed cauliflower to the desired consistency and season with salt and pepper to taste.