Garides Tourkolimano (Greek Shrimp) by Closet Cooking
(makes 4 appetizer sized servings)
1 tablespoon oil
1 pound shrimp (peeled and deveined)
4 cloves of garlic (chopped)
1 large tomato (diced)
4 green onions (sliced)
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 splash hot sauce
1 teaspoon oregano
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup feta (coarsely crumbled)
1 handful parsley (chopped)
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Add the shrimp and saute them for a minute on each side and set aside.
3. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
4. Add the tomato and green onion and saute until the tomato starts to break down, about 3-5 minutes.
5. Add the shrimp, wine, herbs and season with salt and pepper and simmer for 2 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and gently mix in the feta.
7. Cover and allow to rest for 3 minutes.
8. Garnish with parsley and serve with crusty bread.