Fudgy Rolo Brownie Cookies
Chocolate and caramel fudgy brownie cookies stuffed with rolls and caramels.Servings: makes 12-24 cookiesPrep Time: 10 minutesChill Time: 60 minutesCook Time: 15 minutesTotal Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- 8 ounces chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup chopped rolos and caramels
- Place the chocolate chips and butter in a microwave safe bowl, heat them on high until melted in 30 second intervals and mix until smooth. (You can also melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pot of simmering water, aka a double boiler.)
- Beat the eggs and sugar until the mixture starts to turn pale.
- Slowly pour in the melted chocolate while mixing. (For those of us that are space impaired and do not have a mixer, mix a tablespoon of the chocolate into the eggs followed by two tablespoons and finally the remaining chocolate. This is known as tempering and it slowly brings the eggs up to the temperature of the chocolate so that they do not cook when you mix in the rest of the chocolate.)
- Mix in the vanilla extract followed by the mixture of the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Fold in the rolos and caramels.
- Chill in the fridge or freezer until solid enough to work with.
- Spoon balls of the 'dough' onto a pair of parchment or silicon lined baking sheets.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350F oven for 11 minutes, remove and let cool for 10 minutes before transferring to racks to cool completely.