Fried Tuna Ball Po Boy from Closet Cooking
(makes 2 sandwiches)
2 cans tuna (drained)
2 green onions (sliced)
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1 teaspoon creole seasoning
oil for frying
1 cup bread crumbs
1/2 baguette (sliced in half both ways to form two sandwiches)
1/2 cup lettuce (sliced)
1/2 cup pickled green tomatoes or tomatoes (sliced)
1/2 cup remoulade sauce
1. Mix the tuna, green onions, egg, mayonnaise, worcestershire sauce, mustard, and cajun seasoning along with enough bread crumbs that the mixture holds together well.
2. Heat 1/2 inch on oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
3. Form the mixture into 1 1/2 inch balls and roll them in the bread crumbs to coat.
4. Fry the tuna balls in oil until golden brown on all sides and set aside on paper towels to drain.
5. Assemble sandwich and enjoy.