Fish a la Spetsiota by Closet Cooking
(makes 4 servings)
4 fish fillets (rinsed and pat dry, I used sole fillets)
salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 cup canned plum tomatoes and their juice
4 cloves garlic
1/4 cup parsley
1 teaspoon oregano
1/2 cup dry white wine (optional)
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano (grated)
1 teaspoon olive oil
1. Season the fish with salt and pepper and let them stand for 20-30 minutes.
2. Mix the tomatoes, garlic, parsley, oregano and wine in a food processor and let stand for 20-30 minutes.
3. Grease the bottom of a baking dish with the oil.
4. Spread half of the tomato sauce over the bottom of the baking pan.
5. Place the fish in the baking pan and cover with the remaining tomato sauce.
6. Sprinkle the bread crumbs and parmigiano reggiano over the top.
7. Bake in a preheated 375F oven the sauce thickens and the top is golden brown.