from Closet Cooking
Marinated shrimp wrapped in egg roll wrappers and fried until golden brown and crispy served with a sweet chili sauce for dipping.Servings: makes 2-4 servingsPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 20 minutesTotal Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 pound large shrimp, peeled with tails on and deviened
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (or soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, grated
- 2 teaspoons ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 12 egg roll wrappers, cut in half into 2 triangles
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- oil for frying
- sweet chili sauce for dipping
- Nick the shrimp a few times along the inside of their curve to help them stay straight.
- Marinate the shrimp in the sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic and ginger in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Shake any excess marinade off of the shrimp, wrap them in the egg roll wrappers leaving the tails out and seal the wrapper with a mixture of the water and the cornstarch.
- Fry the shrimp in small batches in oil over medium-high heat until golden brown, crispy and cooked through, about 2-3 minutes and set aside on paper towels to drain.