Fig and Gorgonzola Crostini with Honey
by Closet Cooking
Sweet and juicy fresh figs on toast with creamy melting gorgonzola cheese, a touch of honey and thyme.Servings: makes 4-8 Prep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 5 minutesTotal Time: 15 minutes
- 8 slices bread or baguette
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola, crumbled, room temperature
- 8 figs, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 4 tablespoon walnuts, coarsely chopped
- pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons honey
- Sprinkle the gorgonzola on the bread, top with the figs, thyme, walnuts and pepper.
- Broil in the oven until the cheese just starts to melt.
- Drizzle with honey and enjoy!