Feta Fries from Closet Cooking
(makes 4 servings)
olive oil for frying
4 russet potatoes (cut into the desired shape)
1/2 cup feta (crumbled)
1 teaspoon oregano
1/2 lemon (juice)
1. Cut the potatoes into the desired shape.
2. Heat the oil to 325.
3. Add the fries and fry until pale and floppy, about 2-3 minutes, and remove.
4. Heat the oil to 375.
5. Add the fries and fry until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes and remove.
6. Place the fries on an oven proof serving platter and sprinkle with feta.
7. Broil the fries until the feta just starts to melt and remove from oven.
8. Hit them with a splash of lemon juice and enjoy.