Esquites (Mexican Corn Salad)
from Closet Cooking
A tasty Mexican street corn salad with an amazing blend of sweet corn, salty cheese, sour lime juice and a hint of spicy chili powder; pure summer in a bowl.Servings: makes 4 servingsPrep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 15 minutesTotal Time: 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups corn (about 4 ears), cut from the cob
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 glove garlic, grated
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juice
- 2 tablespoons cotija (or feta), crumbled
- chili powder to taste
- Melt the butter in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the corn, toss and let it sit cooking until charred, mix it up and let it char again, about 6-10 minutes.
- Add the jalapeno, saute for a minute and remove from heat.
- Mix everything and serve warm or at room temperature.