Dill Buttermilk Biscuits from Closet Cooking
(makes about 8 biscuits)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter (frozen, grated)
3 tablespoons dill (chopped)
1 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons butter (melted)
1. Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
2. Mix in the butter and toss until coated in flour.
3. Add the dill and just enough buttermilk to form a sticky dough.
4. Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and form a disc about 1 inch thick.
5. Cut the biscuits out of the dough and place on a baking sheet.
6. Brush the melted butter on top of the biscuits.
7. Bake in a preheated 425F oven until golden brown, about 18-20 minutes.