Date Crumb Bars by Closet Cooking
(makes 9+ servings)
1 pound dates (pitted and chopped)
1/4 cup honey
1 cup water
1 tablespoon butter
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter (melted)
1. Bring the dates, honey, water and butter to a boil, remove from the heat and let sit until they cool down to room temperature.
2. Puree until smooth.
3. Mix the rolled oats, flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt in a bowl.
4. Stir in the butter until it forms crumbs.
5. Press half of the crumb mixture into the bottom of a greased 8 inch square baking pan.
6. Spread the date mixture on and top with the remaining crumbs.
7. Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 25 minutes.