Dark Chocolate Shortbread with Fleur de Sel by Closet Cooking
Buttery shortbread filled with chunks of dark chocolate and a touch of fleur de sel.Servings: makes 18-36 cookiesPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 10 minutesTotal Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon fleur de sel or coarse grained salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate, cut into small pieces
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Mix in the flour, cornstarch and salt.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients followed by the chocolate.
- Shape the cookies as you like an place them on a parchment lined baking sheet with an inch of space between them.
- Place the baking sheet in the fridge and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven until they just start to turn a light golden brown, about 8-14 minutes, remove and let cool. (Note: The shortbread will still be rather soft when it is done but it with crisp up as it cools.)