Dan Dan Mian
from Closet Cooking
Noodles in a tasty and spicy Sichuan pork sauce.Servings: makes 4 servingsPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 15 minutesTotal Time: 25 minutes
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger, grated
- 3 tablespoons sesame paste (or tahini or peanut butter)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon Chinkiang black rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-3 tablespoon chili oil or chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sichuan peppercorns, toasted and ground
- 4 tablespoons tianjin preserved vegetables (optional)
- 1/2+ cup chicken broth or chicken stock
- 3/4 pound noodles, cooked
- 2 green onions, sliced
- julienned cucumber to taste (optional)
- Cook the pork in a large pan over medium heat hitting it with a splash of rice wine, about 10 minutes and set aside.
- Heat the oil in the pan over medium heat, add the garlic and ginger and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the sesame paste, soy sauce, black rice vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, chili oil and Sichuan peppercorns and mix until smooth, about a minute.
- Add the pork, preserved vegetables and broth and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Divide the noodles between 4 bowls, top with the sauce, garnish with green onions and a side of cucumber and enjoy!