Cuban Grilled Cheese Sandwich
from Closet Cooking
A tasty Cuban sandwich with roast pork, ham, Swiss cheese, pickles and mustard in grilled cheese form!Servings: 1Prep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 10 minutesTotal Time: 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 slices of swiss (or 1/2 cup shredded)
- 2 slices roast pork or 1/4 cup pulled pork; preferably Cuban roast pork
- 2 slices ham
- 2-4 slices pickle
Option: Add a tablespoon of Cuban mojo for an extra kick!Option: Add 2 strips bacon for a pork trifecta!
- Heat a pan over medium heat.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread, spread the mustard on the insides, place one slice in the pan with buttered side down, top with half of the cheese, the roast pork, ham, pickle, the remaining cheese and finally the other slice of bread with buttered side up.
- Grill until golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.