Crispy Baked Onion Rings
from Closet Cooking
Healthy, crispy baked onion rings that are so addictively good and super easy to make!Servings: makes 4 servingsPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 15 minutesTotal Time: 25 minutes
- 2 large onions, sliced thickly
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup buttermilk, milk or beer
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning - link this
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place half of the flour in a wide shallow bowl, mix the remaining flour with the buttermilk and egg and place it in a wide, shallow bowl and mix the panko breadcrumbs, creole seasoning, salt and pepper and place them in a third wide, shallow bowl.
- Dredge the onion slices in the flour, dip them in a mixture batter and dredge them in the breadcrumbs.
- Place the onion slices on a wire rack on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 425F oven until golden brown, about 12-16 minutes.