Crispy Baked Eggplant Fries
from Closet Cooking
Healthy baked eggplant 'fries' in a crispy panko breadcrumb and parmesan coating that are perfect for snacking!Servings: makes 2 servingsPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 10 minutesTotal Time: 20 minutes
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1/4 inch thick 'fries'
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Dredge the eggplant slices in the flour, dip them in the egg and then into a mixture of the panko breadcrumbs, parmensan, thyme salt and pepper.
- Place the eggplant slices on a wire rack on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 425F oven until golden brown, about 7-10 minutes.