Crispy Baked Asparagus Fries
from Closet Cooking
Asparagus coated in panko bread crumbs and parmesan and baked until golden brown and crispy.Servings: makes 2 servingsPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 10 minutesTotal Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- Dredge the asparagus in the flour, dip them in the egg and then into a mixture of the panko breadcrumbs, parmensan, salt and pepper.
- Place the asparagus on a wire rack on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 425F oven until golden brown, about 7-13 minutes.