Corned Beef Poutine with Guinness Gravy
from Closet Cooking
Crispy french fries topped with melting cheese curds, corned beef and a tasty Guinness gravy!Servings: makes 2 servingsPrep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 45 minutesTotal Time: 50 minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter or bacon grease
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or bacon grease
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups Guinness or other Irish stout
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pound french fries, cooked
- 1 cup cheese curds or shredded cheddar
- 1/2 cup corned beef, cooked, diced and warm
- Melt the better in a pan over medium-high heat, add the onions, saute until they start to caramelize, about 30 minutes, adding water or Guinness to . the pan as needed to prevent burning.
- Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the butter and cook until bubbling, about 1 minute.
- Add the flour and cook until it turns golden brown, about 2-4 minutes.
- Add the Guinness, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, salt and pepper, reduce the heat and simmer until it thickens, about 7-10 minutes.
- Top the fries with the cheese curds, corned beef and the Guinness gravy and enjoy.