Corn Pancakes from Closet Cooking
Pancakes with fresh, juicy corn kernels and melted cheddar cheese. Great either sweet when drenched in maple syrup or savoury topped with spicy salsa and tangy sour cream.
Servings: makes 2-4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup corn, about 1 ear
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated (optional)
- Mix the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix the milk, eggs and butter in another bowl.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients making sure to not over mix.
- Mix in the corn and cheese.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and melt a touch of butter in it.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the mixture into the pan and cook until the surface starts to bubble and the bottom is golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the pancake and cook the other side until the bottom is golden brown, about 1-2 minutes.