Coffee Rubbed Roasted Pork Belly Tacos
from Closet Cooking
Roasted pork belly is so moist, tender and full of flavour and that crispy layer of crackling is just amazing. Rub the pork belly up with some Mexican spices and you have the perfect filling for some really mean tacos!Servings: makes 4-8 servingsPrep Time: 10 minutes minutesCook Time: 1 hour 30 minutesTotal Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- 1 tablespoon ground coffee
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon chili de arbol powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin, toasted and ground
- 1 teaspoon coriander, toasted and ground
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 2-3 pound pork belly, boneless, skin patted dry and scored
- 12 small corn tortillas
- 2 cups grilled pineapple salsa
- 1 cup Mexican pickled red onions
- 1/2 cup queso fresco (or feta)
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Mix the coffee, chili powders, paprika, cumin, coriander, brown sugar, oregano, salt and pepper and rub it all over the pork.
- Place the pork into an roasting pan and roast in a preheated 400F oven for 30 minutes, reduce the heat to 350F and roast for another hour.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Slice, assemble tacos and enjoy.