Cilantro and Lime Fish Tacos
by Closet Cooking
Fresh, healthy and tasty cilantro and lime marinated grilled fish tacos.Servings: makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutesCook Time: 20 minutesTotal Time: 40 minutes
- 1 pound white fish such as tilapia, cod, etc.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 green onion, finely sliced
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, toasted and ground
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 (4 inch) corn tortillas
- 1 batch tomatillo pico de gallo
- 3 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 batch cilantro lime crema - see below
- 2 large avocados, sliced
- Marinate the fish in the oil, lime juice and zest, jalapeno, garlic, green onion, cilantro, cumin, salt and pepper for 10-20 minutes.
- Grill the fish over medium-high heat until cooked, about 4-6 minutes per side. The fish will be cooked when it flakes easily and it is no longer translucent.
- Flake the fish and serve in tortillas garnished with your favourite toppings.
Cilantro and Lime Crema
Crema filled with the freshness and brightness of summer; the perfect garnish for fish tacos.Servings: makes 1/2 cupPrep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 0 minutesTotal Time: 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup crema or sour cream
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 handful cilantro
- 1/2 lime, juice and zest
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced (optional)
- Puree everything in a food processor.