Chocolate Zucchini Bread from Closet Cooking
(makes 1 loaf)
1 1/2 cups zucchini (grated, squeezed and drained)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Mix the zucchini, sugar, oil, yogurt and egg in a bowl.
2. Mix the flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder and cinnamon in a bowl.
3. Mix the wet and dry ingredients.
4. Mix in the nuts and chocolate chips.
5. Pour the batter into a greased 5X9 inch loaf pan.
6. Bake in a preheated 350F oven until a toothpick pushed into the center comes out clean, about 50-70 minutes.