Chocolate Pots de Creme from Closet Cooking
These easy to make, decadently smooth and creamy chocolate pots are the perfect way to satisfy your chocolate cravings on Valentines day!Servings: makes 2 large servingsPrep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 40 minutesTotal Time: 45 minutes
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-4 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 4 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- Heat the cream, milk, vanilla and sugar in a small sauce pan.
- Place the chocolate in a large bowl, pour the hot cream over it and stir to melt the chocolate.
- Slowly whisk the egg yolks into the chocolate and cream.
- Strain and pour into 4 ramekins.
- Place the ramekins into a baking dish and pour hot water into the dish until it comes half way up the ramekins.
- Bake in a preheated 325F oven until it sets, about 20-30 minutes.
- Chill in the fridge.