from Closet Cooking
Easy homemade chicken stock that is healthy, full of flavour and perfect for any soup!Servings: makes 6-8 cupsPrep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 2 hoursTotal Time: 2 hours 5 minutes
- 1-3 chicken carcasses
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 6 sprigs parsley
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (2-inch) piece parmesan cheese rind (optional)
- Place everything in a large stock pot, cover with 4 inches of water, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 2 hours.
- Strain the solids from the stock and discard them.
- Optionally, let the stock cool in the fridge over night and skim off any fat before using.