Chicken Satay Quesadillas with Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce from Closet Cooking
(makes 1 quesadilla)
1/2 tablespoon oil
1/2 small onion (sliced)
1/4 red pepper (sliced)
1/4 cup chicken satay (shredded)
2 tablespoons peanut sauce
1 birds eye chili (sliced)
1 tablespoon cilantro (chopped)
2 handfuls cheese such as cheddar and jack (grated)
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Add the onion and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
3. Add the red pepper and saute until tender, about 5 minutes, and remove from heat.
4. Mix the onion, pepper, chicken, peanut sauce, birds eye chili, and cilantro in a bowl.
5. Melt a touch of butter in a pan.
6. Place a tortilla into the pan, swirl it around in the butter and repeat with the second tortilla.
7. Sprinkle some cheese on the tortilla followed by the filling and top with more cheese and finally the other tortilla.
8. Cook until the quesadilla is golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted.
Tip: Place a plate onto the quesadilla and flipped it from the pan to the plate and then slide it back into the pan to flip the quesadilla.