All of the flavours of Thai chicken satay in burger form topped with a spicy peanut sauce and lots of fresh veggies and herbs.Servings: makes 4 servingsPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 10 minutesTotal Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds, toasted and ground
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds, toasted and ground
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric, ground
- 2 stalks lemongrass, peeled & chopped
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- 4 buns
- 4 leaves of lettuce
- 1/2 cup spicy peanut sauce
- 1 cup Thai slaw
- 1 handful peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Mix the chicken, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, turmeric, lemongrass, shallot, garlic, ginger, chili sauce, fish sauce egg, and cilantro.
- Form the mixture into 4 patties making a small indentation in the middle.
- Brush the grill with oil, and heat it to medium.
- Grill the patties until cooked, about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Assemble the burgers and enjoy.