Chicken Noodle Soup
from Closet Cooking
A super easy homemade chicken noodle soup that is the definition of comfort food!Servings: makes 4 servingsPrep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 35 minutesTotal Time: 40 minutes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth or chicken stock
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon white miso (optional)
- 1/4 cup parmigiano regginao (parmesan), grated (optional)
- 1/2 lemon, juice (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 handful parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large stock pot over medium heat, add the onions, carrot and celery and cook until tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the liquid, chicken and poultry seasoning, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the noodles and simmer until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Optionally mix in the miso, parmesan and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and mix in the parsley