Chicken Gyro Grilled Cheese (aka The Gyro Melt)
from Closet Cooking
A massive grilled cheese sandwich with all of the flavours of a gyro including grilled chicken souvlaki, roasted red pepper, tomato, onion, tzatziki, feta, and plenty of melted cheese.Servings: 1Prep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 10 minutesTotal Time: 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 slices bread
- 2 slices kasseri or mozzarella (or 1/2 cup shredded)
- 1/4 cup chicken souvlaki, warm
- 2 tablespoons feta, crumbled
- 1+ tablespoon red onion, sliced or diced
- 1 tablespoon tzatziki
- 1/2 roasted red pepper (optional)
- 2 slices tomato
- Heat a pan over medium heat.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread, place one slice in the pan with buttered side down, top with half of the cheese, the chicken souvlaki, feta, red onion, tzatziki, roasted red pepper, tomato, the remaining kasseri and finally the other slice of bread with buttered side up.
- Grill until golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.