Chicken Corn Chowder Zucchini Crust Pizza
A pizza inspired by the flavours of chicken corn chowder with a creamy alfredo sauce base, chicken, corn, bacon and onions with a hint of thyme.Servings: 2-4
Prep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 15 minutesTotal Time: 25 minutes
- 1 pre-baked zucchini pizza crust
- 1/2 cup alfredo sauce (see below)
- 3/4 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and sliced or shredded
- 1/2 cup corn or 1 ear of grilled corn
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces and cooked
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- Spread the alfredo sauce on the pizza, top with the mozzarella, chicken, corn, bacon and thyme and bake in a preheated 450F until the cheese is bubbling, about 10-15 minutes.
A simple and tasty creamy garlic and thyme alfredo sauce.Servings: 1/2 cupPrep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 10 minutesTotal Time: 15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a small sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the cream, cheese and thyme, simmer until it thickens, about 5 minutes, and season with salt and pepper to taste.