Chicken and Asparagus Salad with Creamy Tarragon Dressing from Closet Cooking
(makes 2 servings)
2 cups chicken broth
1 small onion (peeled and quartered)
1 sprig tarragon
1 bay leaf
2 small chicken breasts
3 cups baby spinach (or other salad greens)
1/2 pound asparagus (cleaned and trimmed)
1/4 cup peas
1/4 cup pine nuts (toasted)
1. Bring the chicken broth, onion, tarragon and bay leaf to a boil in a large pan, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
2. Add the chicken and simmer, covered, for 6 minutes turning once in the middle.
3. Remove from heat and let the chicken cool in the broth.
4. Steam the asparagus and peas (if using frozen) until tender, about 4 minutes and 1 minute respectively.
5. Cut the chicken into slices.
6. Assemble the salad and pour on the dressing.
Creamy Tarragon Dressing
1 tablespoon plain yogurt
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon capers (chopped)
1 teaspoon tarragon (chopped)
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon garlic (chopped)
1/4 teaspoon sugar
salt and pepper to taste
1. Mix everything.