Cherry Tomato Tatin from Closet Cooking
A Fresh and savoury cherry tomato tart tatin that is just busting with flavour!Servings: makes 6 servingsPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 30 minutesTotal Time: 40 minutes
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pounds cherry tomatoes
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- Heat the sugar and water in an oven proof skillet over medium heat until the sugar turns liquid and lightly golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Carefully add the vinegar, wait for the caramel to stop sputtering, remove from heat, mix in the oil, garlic thyme, salt and pepper and add the tomtoes.
- Roll the puff pastry out and cut a circle a little larger that the pan.
- Place the pastry over the tomatoes in the pan folding the edges over and cut three slits into the top to vent steam.
- Bake in a preheated 425F oven until golden brown, about 20-30 minutes.