Char Siu (Chinese BBQ Pork) from Closet Cooking
(makes 4+ servings)
2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons xiao hsing wine
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon Chinese five spice
1 teaspoon garlic (grated, optional)
1 teaspoon ginger (grated, optional)
1 (2 pound) pork butt (cut into long slices about 1 inch thick)
1. Mix all of the ingredients, brush half of the mixture over the pork and let marinate, in the fridge, for a few hours to over night.
2. Roast in a preheated 350F oven for 30 minutes.
3. Flip, marinate and roast for another 30 minutes.
4. Turn on the broiler and broil for 5 minutes on each side.
5. Let rest for 10 minutes, slice thinly and serve with remaining sauce.