Curried Cauliflower Rice from Closet Cooking
(makes 4 servings)
1 tablespoon oil
1 small onion (finely diced)
1 tablespoon garlic (chopped)
1 tablespoon ginger (grated)
2 small green chilies (finely diced)
1 1/2 cups cauliflower (cut into small pieces)
1 cup basmati rice
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup water (or vegetable broth)
salt to taste
1 teaspoon garam masala
1 handful mint (chopped)
1/4 cup almond slivers (toasted)
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Add the onion and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
3. Add the cauliflower and cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the garlic, ginger and green chilies and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
5. Add the rice, coconut milk, water, garam masala and salt and simmer covered until the rice is cooked and the liquid has been absorbed, about 20 minutes.
6. Mix in the garam masala and mint and remove from the heat.
7. Serve garnished with the toasted almond slivers.