Carnitas Eggs Benedict
from Closet Cooking
Moist, tender and crispy carnitas served on a lightly toasted English muffin with a poached egg, pickled red onions and avocado salsa verde.Servings: 2Prep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 20 minutesTotal Time: 30 minutes
- 4 eggs
- 2 English muffins, cut in half and lightly toasted
- 2 cups carnitas, warm
- 1/4 cup pickled red onions or fresh sweet onions
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1/2 small avocado, mashed
- 1/4 cotija, crumbled (optional)
- 1/4 cilantro, torn
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and reduce the heat to medium.
- Crack an egg into a bowl, swirl the water in the pot and pour the egg from the bowl into the water, let the egg cook until the egg is set the way you like, about 2-3 minutes and fish it out. Repeat with remaining eggs.
- Place two English muffin halves per plate, top with carnitas, pickles red onions, the eggs, the mixture of the salsa verde and avocado, cotija and cilantro.