Carne Asada (Grilled Marinated Steak)
from Closet Cooking
Steak marinated in a tasty Mexican mojo sauce and then grilled to perfection before being sliced thinly and served as you like.Servings: 4Prep Time: 10 minutesMarinate Time: 1 hourCook Time: 10 minutesTotal Time: 1 hours 20 minutes
- 1 1 lb flank steak
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice (~1 orange)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (~1 lime)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, toasted and ground
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Marinate the steak in the mixture of the remaining ingredients for 1-8 hours.
- Grill the steak over medium-high heat, about 2-4 minutes per side for medium-rare, remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing it thinly across the grain.