Caramelized Apple and Gorgonzola Omelette with Bacon and Pecans from Closet Cooking
(makes 1 omelette)
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 granny smith apple (cored and sliced into big chunks)
1/4 cup gorgonzola (crumbled)
1 strip bacon (cooked and crumbled, optional)
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
1 tablespoon pecans (toasted and chopped)
2. Add the sugar and cook until bubbly minutes.
3. Add the apple and saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
4. Lower the heat and and sprinkle on the cheese and bacon and let the cheese melt just a bit.
5. Pour the eggs into the pan and let them cook without disturbing them until they have set, about 2-4 minutes.
6. Slide the omelette out onto a plate and garnish it the pecans and enjoy.