Calamari Tacos with Salsa Naranja
from Closet Cooking
Seared, citrus, soy and ginger marinated squid served in corn tortillas with sweet onion and cilantro relish and a tasty orange salsa.
Servings: makes 4 servingsPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 5 minutesTotal Time: 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 pound squid, sliced
- 1 orange, juice
- 1 lime, juice
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 thumb ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chili powder or gochugaru (Korean chili pepper flakes)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 12 corn tortillas, lightly toasted
- 1 1/2 cups onion and cilantro relish
- 1 cup salsa naranja
- 4 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Marinate the squid in the orange juice, lime juice, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil and chili powder for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the squid and saute until cooked, about 2-3 minutes.
- Assemble tacos with the squid on the tortillas topped with onion and cilantro relish, salsa naranja and toasted sesame seeds.